Waverley Friends Association (the WFA)
The WFA is a registered charity dedicated to raising money for the school to pay for additional resources and “Educational Enhancements” for our children.
We do this by holding fundraising events throughout the year. We believe that getting the Waverley community together regularly helps to create a supportive and nurturing environment, key to our school’s ethos. We want to get together socially, meet new people and have fun and that's what our events are all about!
Our regular social calendar includes popular events for our children such as seasonal tuck shops, family discos, 'Frozen Friday' ice cream sales and both Christmas and Summer fayre. We also provide those 'little extras' that make school memorable, such gifts from Father Christmas, a Christmas Pantomime and our annual Easter Egg hunt. Plus we don't forget our parents! We also hold adult social events such as pub quizzes, craft and music events.
Who We Are
Our committee consists of Chair: Rachel Wolstenholme, Treasurer: Lauren Turnbull and Secretary: Sarah Danbury, who are joined by our Class Representatives for each year group at Waverley.
As a parent or carer you’re automatically considered to be a valuable member of the WFA family here at Waverley. Your level of involvement is entirely up to you.
1. Ideas – The more the better! We always love to have new faces and new perspectives and we feel it’s important for parents across the school to be represented when we gather to discuss ideas and make decisions. Your presence is warmly welcomed at our AGM, termly meetings or if you can’t make these just pass any thoughts onto your class reps.
2. Volunteering at Events – There are always lots of jobs to do during events and we always need plenty of assistance. Help doesn’t need to be just from parents, we welcome grandparents, aunts & uncles and anyone willing to lend a hand.
3. Attending the Events - We work hard putting together each event, but their success is dependent on your support.
We would like to welcome our new and returning class reps. These are as follows:
- Nursery 1 & 2 – Vacant
- Nursery 3 – Allan Murungi
- Foundation – Vacant
- Reception – Aman Sagoo & Felicity Gear
- Year 1 – Kasia Austin, Amanda Gorgy & Tommy Gorgy
- Year 2 – Helen Ware & Autumn Ellis
- Year 3 – Sarah Lawrence & Lisa Birchall
- Year 4 – Jeni Ferns & Katherine Clarke
- Year 5 – Rebecca Neale & Emma LoGiudice
- Year 6 – Donna Collins-Lindsay & Jenni Regent
Upcoming Events 2024
Bag2School - Raising funds through your unloved clothing
Monday 26th January 2024
We will be doing our usual January collection for Bags2School on 26th January.
The following can be included in donations.
Good quality clean clothing (adult's, children's, baby)
Hats & scarves
The following can NOT be included
Dirty, wet, ripped, damaged clothing
Underwear & socks
To book onto any of our WFA events, please click below:
How The WFA Money Gets Spent
- Experience Days in School - Some examples of these last year included; A farm that visited our school, An Olympian who took class PE lessons for the whole school and a planetarium visit to the school.
- Funding Additional School Equipment
- Specialist Books for the Library
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Christmas Pantomime Visit
- Gifts from Father Christmas
- Father Christmas Visit
- Adhoc Donations
Non-Event Related Fundraising
- Easy Fundraising - Do you do a lot of online shopping? The WFA will receive small donations from online retailers, every time you shop online at stores like M&S, Ebay, Argos, Sainsbury's and thousands more. All you have to do is join easyfundraising for free and select Waverley Friends Association as your cause to support. It really is that easy! Please click this link for more details on easyfundraising and how to join: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/waverleyfriendsassociation/
- Bag2School - If you’re having a clear out of old clothes, please consider, bagging them up and bringing them along to our next Bag2School collection.
- Second Hand Uniform -The WFA take donations of second hand branded uniform school. Please note not Shirts/blouses or boys trousers or KS1 girls skirts. When arranging both drop off of donations or if you would like to purchase 2nd hand uniform please contact our Uniform reps: Kasia Austin or Jenni Regent directly or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
WFA Events 2023