Nursery 3: Rising 3 Yr Olds
Our separate Nursery website contains much more information specifically about our Nursery. Please click here to be redirected.
Waverley Nursery 3 offers excellent childcare for children moving up to their 3rd year of age d in a warm, welcoming and nurturing environment. We offer highly flexible provision with a choice of drop-off and collection times. Care is available 7:30am - 6pm, 51 weeks a year or term-time only.
Waverley Nursery is an educational Nursery providing not only childcare but educating the children through their Early Year’s development. Our goal is to ensure that Waverley children get the best possible start in life and can read, write and spell basic works before they “graduate” onto “Big School” at the age of 4. In addition, our 3- and 4-year olds are very gradually introduced to key events in the main Preparatory School next door in order to prepare them for their next step in their education. Our goal is to make the transition from Nursery to Prep or primary school as seamless as possible.
From Nursery 3 onwards, there are also a wide range of additional activities that take place through the week – some of which such as woodland school, ‘Kickers’ and French are included free of charge and others such as Ballet and Speech & Drama are paid for extras.
Waverley has an on-site kitchen where all food is cooked fresh each day by our own chefs, including daily freshly baked bread, home-made salads and fruit bowls, and desserts and cakes. If your child is in our care for breakfast, lunch or tea then they will be provided a meal.
We offer a number of activities (some of which incur an extra charge): These include:
Monday - Ballet
Wednesday - Speech and Drama
Thursday – Waverley Kickers
Wednesday and Thursday – French
Monday – Thursday – Woodland School
Library sessions – children bring books home weekly
- For 15 hours funded children: choose from 07:30am, 08:00am or 08:30am.
- For 30 hours funded children: choose from 7.30am or 8.30am.
- For all children: choose from 3:30pm, 4:45pm or 6pm.
Minimum Attendance Per Week
All funded children are required to attend a minimum of 3 days per week
What’s Included in Our Fees
Depending on your session time, we offer a hot freshly-prepared meal and pudding by our on-site chefs at lunchtime and tea-time, snacks and cows’ milk. Breakfast is only served to children arriving by 8.15am.
Children are only eligible for funded fees from the term after they are 3. Prior to that children are charged the Nursery 1/Nursery 2 rate. To view our fees, please view our Admissions and Fees page or click here.
Why is the Nursery 3 special for your child?
- Education of your child through their Early Years development and benefitting from the facilities of a top-ranked UK Prep School.
- Experienced and fully qualified staff work from 730am to 6pm: providing the highest level of care and continuity throughout the day.
- Welcoming, spacious and bright rooms for your child to explore: purposely designed to create inviting and child-friendly spaces that are set up to promote all areas of learning, giving children easy access to resources at their own level.
- Regular, varied weekly Woodland Walk Experiences with programmes developed by our Forest School Leader, Mrs Costello.
- Independent access to our fantastic natural outdoor space: a unique environment in which to explore and grow.
- Toys and equipment at child’s level: allowing children to make independent choices.
- Nappies, baby wipes and nappy cream included: giving convenience of high quality products.
Please visit our photo gallery for more images of our children at play, staff and their rooms...