Nursery 1: Rising 1 Yr olds
Our separate Nursery website contains much more information specifically about our Nursery. Please click here to be redirected.
Waverley Nursery offers excellent childcare for children from 3 months in a warm, welcoming and nurturing environment. We offer highly flexible childcare provision with a choice of drop-off and collection times. Care is available 7:30am - 6pm, either 51 weeks a year or just term-time only. The Nursery has a range of pick up and collections times to enable working and busy families to match their childcare needs to their family schedule.
Waverley Nursery is an educational Nursery providing not only childcare but educating the children through their Early Year’s development. Our goal is to ensure that Waverley children get the best possible start in life and can read, write and spell basic works before they “graduate” onto “Big School” at the age of 4. In addition, our 3- and 4-year olds are very gradually introduced to key events in the main Preparatory School next door in order to prepare them for their next step in their education. Our goal is to make the transition from Nursery to Prep or primary school as seamless as possible.
From Nursery 3 onwards, there are also a wide range of additional activities that take place through the week – some of which such as woodland school, ‘Kickers’ and French are included free of charge and others such as Ballet and Speech & Drama are paid for extras.
Waverley has an on-site kitchen where all food is cooked fresh each day by our own chefs, including daily freshly baked bread, home-made salads and fruit bowls, and desserts and cakes. If your child is in our care for breakfast, lunch or tea then they will be provided a meal.
Why is Nursery 1 special for your child?
- Educating your child through their Early Years development.
- Benefitting from the facilities of a top-ranked UK Prep School.
- Dedicated care for baby from 3 months: to ensure a secure home environment to nurture your baby’s development
- Experienced and fully qualified staff work from 7.30am to 6pm: providing the highest level of care and continuity throughout the day
- A welcoming, spacious, softly lit and ‘no outdoor shoe’ room for baby to explore: providing a comforting and homely space
- Regular walks and activities in our fantastic natural outdoor space: a unique environment for baby to explore and grow
- Toy and treasure baskets at baby’s level: allowing baby to make independent choices with baskets containing wooden spoons, whisks and shiny materials
- A modern and visible kitchen: ensuring staff keep close to baby
- All nappies, cotton wool and nappy cream are provided.
Drop-Off Times: choose from 07:30am, 08:00am or 08:30am.
Collection Times: choose from 3:30pm, 4:45pm and 6pm.
Fees and What’s Included:
Choose from a range of session times. Our daily fees include all meals and snacks (a hot freshly prepared meal and pudding by our on-site chefs at lunchtime and tea-time), formula milk, cows’ milk, nappies, wipes and cream.
Breakfast is included for children arriving by 8.15am. To view our fees, please view our Admissions and Fees page or click here.
Please visit our Waverley Nursery photo gallery for more images of our Nursery at play, staff and their room...